Some people have had fire damage in areas that are part of their yard, or extended yard. But even if you haven’t, there are precautions you may want to take for flooding. Furthermore, our local government and others have put in place a variety of resources. Read on…

The City and County engineers are already surveying properties, and serious concerns will be noted with property owners being contacted personally. So, there’s no need to call and report. If you have questions, however, on your property, you should reach out to the City of Westlake Village at 818-706-1613.

As a start, Los Angeles County has two guides that could be of use. A “Homeowner’s Guide” (download at and “Ready Set Go” (click to download).

The City of Westlake Village has established a Woolsey Fire Resources page at:

If you are entering an area burned by wildfire see the County’s information:

If you are in need of sandbags, they are available at Fire Station 144 on Lindero Canyon. See this notice by LA County:

If you are in need of the disaster assistance centers, they are in Agoura and Malibu. See this notice for more information: