Welcome! This page is the launch page for all information related to the Triunfo YMCA’s Soap Box Derby/Healthy Kids Day event which is open to the public.
Keep apprised of Soap Box Derby events in Westlake Village. Sign up here for the Soap Box mailing list: https://westlakerevelations.com/?q=node/159
Want to see what the event looks like? See a slide show and presentation to the Westlake Village City Council as a “wrap up” report for the 2008 event.
This event has been a tremendous success over the last couple of years, and is expected to be even better this year. This year’s event includes:
* Soap Box Derby racing
* Healthy Kids Day exhibitors
* Antique and Classic Car Show
* Community BBQ by Boy Scout National Jamboree Troop 831
* Bounce house
* Rock Wall sponsored by City of Agoura Hills
*Â Close Up Magic by Society of American Magicians
* LA County Sheriff (if not on a call)
* LA County Fire Dept (if not on a call)
Farmers Insurance Building Parking Lot
Opposite City of Westlake Village City Hall and Library
31051 Agoura Road, Westlake Village
Sunday, April 19th, 2009
Overall Event open: 11am – 2pm
Soap Box Races: 11am-approximately 2pm
Healthy Kids Day
The Triunfo YMCA is proud to sponsor its fourth annual Healthy Kidsâ?? Day event. Healthy Kidsâ?? Day is a nearly 20 year-old initiative hosted by local YMCAs throughout North America. The emphasis of the event is advocacy for healthy kids in local communities. Participating organizations will be local service providers who support better health for children and/or can offer healthy activities in which they can be involved. Organizations are either invited by the YMCA to be a part of Healthy Kidsâ?? Day or are aware of the importance of the event and ask to participate. Physicians, dance and gymnastics studios, youth sports organizations and martial arts centers are a few examples of those types of businesses. During the event, these vendors demonstrate, provide information and distribute sample wares.
Soap Box Derby Winners
First place: Trevor Campbell, Mohicans – 13.60 seconds
Second place: Chris Diaz, Mohicans – 13.89 seconds
Third Place: Paul Bouchez, Mohicans – 13.98 seconds
Full list of times listed at https://westlakerevelations.com/?q=node/161
Car Show Winners:
People’s Choice: Richard Rutherford,1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
Driver’s Choice: Max Schulze, 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible
Want to participate? Need more info?
Here are relevant web pages and links that you may want to know about:
Soap Box Derby (Contact us ASAP!)
* Driver Rules
* Driver Registration (for those outside the YMCA)
* Driver Release (for those outside the YMCA)
* Sanctioned car kit source
* Car workshops, Tips and Pictures for building cars
* Extending the steering column with a u-joint
* Suggested car team toolbox for race day
* Race Time Results (posted after race)
* Sponsorship opportunities to make Soap Box even better!
Car Show (Register ASAP)
* How can your car participate? Click here for car registration.
A big thank you to all of our sponsors: