Welcome! This page is the launch page for all information related to the Triunfo YMCA’s Soap Box Derby/Healthy Kids Day event which is now open to the public. Sponsors of the event include the City of Westlake Village, Dole, and Farmers Insurance.
Want to see what the event looks like? See a slide show and presentation to the Westlake Village City Council as a “wrap up” report to the event.
This event was a tremendous success last year, and is expected to be even better this year. This year’s event includes:
* Soap Box Derby racing
* Healthy Kids Day exhibitors
* Antique and Classic Car Show
* Community BBQ
* Bounce house
* Obstacle course
* LA County Sheriff Crash Trailer
* Drunk driver simulation
* LA County Fire Dept (if not on a call)
* Music, DJ and Dancing
* Roaming magician
Farmers Insurance Building Parking Lot
Opposite City of Westlake Village City Hall and Library
31051 Agoura Road, Westlake Village
Saturday, April 12th, 2008
Overall Event open: 10am – 2pm
Soap Box Races: 10am-approximately 3pm
Healthy Kids Day
In conjunction with Dole Foods, the Triunfo YMCA is proud to co-sponsor its third annual Healthy Kids ?? Day event. Healthy Kids ?? Day is a nearly 20 year-old initiative hosted by local YMCAs throughout North America. The emphasis of the event is advocacy for healthy kids in local communities. Participating organizations will be local service providers who support better health for children and/or can offer healthy activities in which they can be involved. Organizations are either invited by the YMCA or Dole to be a part of Healthy Kids ?? Day or are aware of the importance of the event and ask to participate. Physicians, dance and gymnastics studios, youth sports organizations and martial arts centers are a few examples of those types of businesses. During the event, these vendors demonstrate, provide information and distribute sample wares.
Want to participate? Need more info?
Here are relevant web pages and links that you may want to know about:
Soap Box Derby (Registration full, contact us about wait list)
* Driver Rules
* Driver Registration (for those outside the YMCA)
* Driver Release (for those outside the YMCA)
* Sanctioned car kit source
* Car workshops, Tips and Pictures for building cars
* Extending the steering column with a u-joint
* Suggested car team toolbox for race day
* Race Time Results
* Sponsorship opportunities to make Soap Box even better!
Car Show (Register by April 6th)
* How can your car participate? Click here for car registration.
* 2008 Car Show Winners. Congratulations to:
Larry Symons for his 1947 Cadillac Convertible, Drivers’ Choice Award
Bill Saylors for his 1959 Chevy Impala Custom, Peoples’ Choice Award
Healthy Kids Day:
* Exhibitor Directory
A big thank you to all of our sponsors: